MICK IVES' SOLO GIRO ROCKS ON
Mick Ives, multi-talented UCI Champion, gave the Giro d'Italia a bit of a pasting. Coventry based local legend, Mick took on the 2017 route of the Giro solo, for good causes.
1. He had no peloton to get him through, when the going got tough and no team mates on the road.
2. He had a support team, but without the paraphernalia of the pros.
3. The roads were open, so Mick has to battle traffic in urban areas.
4. He stuck to a budget, so dinner might be a take-away pizza.
5. And, just to mention it, Mick is 78 years of age.
Meanwhile, here are some pictures, thanks to Scot Whitlock
How to donate to Mick's good causes.
There are two ways of donating money, either direct at the following Building Society or via Virgin Money Giving.
Hinckley and Rugby Building Society—14 Church Street, Rugby, Warks , CV21 3PL Acc No 81228218 Sort Code 40-24-19 – Send cheques made out to Tour of Italy Challenge Ride
2. Or online http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/micksitalianjob
PUBLISHED MAY 2017